Sunday, January 2, 2011

Don't Tell Grandma Sunday January 2, 2011 (59)

Frankly, my attitude toward 2011 is optimistic. Good riddance 2010.
Maybe by an example I can explain what I am aiming for in my Don't Tell Grandma comic. It is kind of illusive, but I'll know it when I get there.  It seemed to me that Chuck Jones got it right in the Roadrunner cartoon series. He set the tone, the "rules" and the concepts and got them right.  On the other hand, look at the Foghorn Leghorn cartoons. Bob McKimson tried and tried to tweak that cartoon series, making changes in each new episode. Don't get me wrong, he had some great characters to work with but he never was successful in geting the series to have a great internal logic like the Roadrunner series did.
I happen to think that Don't Tell Grandma is gettting closer and closer to what I am looking for, but it ain't there yet.  But the "Snipe" was dialed in from day one.
See ya soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment