Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The "Snipe" (45) Wednesday, May 18, 2011

There are many comics on Bob Lilly's Comics and Stories.  Today we have the 45th episode of the "Snipe" in black and white.  The color comics are from Don't Tell Grandma.

When I draw the "Snipe", I am pretty much drawing with the ink. In Grandma, I work with a brush and follow the pencil lines a bit closer. I also have to leave Grandma open for collor.

Come back again whenever you want and enjoy the other comics posted here.  Navigation can be achieved by scrolling down the page or by opening the month by month date lines on the right.

I really enjoy the rare comments that people leave under the comics. See you again. That's a promise.  Happy birthday

3 comments:

  1. Bob: I really dig the aspect ratio of Snipe & Don't Tell Granma and was wondering~ do you draw Snipe on a single sheet of 8.5 x 11 paper ? Or on several sheets of separate paper and then assemble it on your computer ? The local newspaper asked me a few months back if I wanted to do a weekly strip and I said NO; but left the door open for future possibility; your bi-weekly strips are inspiring me to think I should change my mind and say YES !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use 14 x 17 paper on Don't Tell Grandma and scan it in 4 parts. I "stitch" these together in Photoshop, then color it. The "Snipe" is 11 x 14 paper scanned in two parts. I would imagine there are several programs that could be used to stitch scans together. Give it a try. Writing and drawing your comic daily as you currently do is more challenging then the scanning. Go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanx Bob ! I suspected they were done differently (besides the color). I really dig Snipe's 7 panel layout: The Masthead, followed by six panels = perfection !

    ReplyDelete